Back pain is one of the worst things ever. It restricts your movement completely and does not allow you to move your body freely. If you have been suffering from such a pain, you need to take a hard look at your mattress and consider buying a new one.
A comfortable mattress goes a long way in solving your back problems. A good mattress provides the perfect sleeping position, helps relax your body muscles and hence helps in reducing back pain to a large extent.
How to choose the perfect mattress?
Now, the big challenge is choosing a good mattress for back pain. You have to consider a lot of things while making this choice. Here are some useful tips-
- You need the perfect back support- A good mattress must be able to provide proper support and alignment for your spine. There shouldn’t be any gaps between your body and the surface of the mattress.
- Choose what suits you best- Do not choose what your friends have chosen, choose wisely depending on your needs. If you are a side sleeper, go for a slightly soft mattress. If you sleep on your stomach, you will need a firmer mattress. If you are a back sleeper, a medium level mattress will be best for you.
- It should not be too firm or too soft- There is no way to define what sort of firmness is best for you body. If the current mattress you’re using is a bit too soft, go for a firmer one and vice versa. It all comes down to what suits your body and what you are most comfortable in.
- Find out what is inside a mattress before buying it- A high priced mattress does not exactly mean the best quality. You may want to inquire the seller about the material before you write the check. There are various things to consider like the springs, coils, padding. It should be entirely your decision to make these three choices but what I can recommend is reading articles like this one who recommending specific products for different budgets.
- Do try it before you buy it- Do not be a fool and buy a mattress based on its looks. You must try sleeping on the mattress before you finalize it. If you are married, then your wife must also try it once.
- Keep your body type in mind- A comfortable mattress must be 20 cm longer than our height and at least 90 cm wide (for one person). This allows natural movement of the body and gives the best comfort.
There is no ‘one’ good mattress for everybody. You have to make the choice depending on your level of comfort, your body type and then only will you get a relief from that back pain.